Unprecedented Investment For Yarra Ranges Secondary Schools
Kids across the Yarra Ranges will get the world-class schools they deserve, as part of the biggest schools investment in the area’s history, thanks to the Andrews Labor Government.
The Labor Government has today announced that the Victorian Budget 2018/19 will invest almost $50 million across the Yarra Ranges to upgrade 6 secondary schools
This investment includes a $20 million investment in the Lilydale and Upper Yarra Education Plan, published today, with Lilydale High School, Lilydale Heights College and Upper Yarra Secondary College now set to develop complementary focuses – zoology, sustainability and outdoor environment respectively.
The Victorian Budget 2018/19 investment across the Yarra Ranges includes:
- $5.8 million to rebuild Lilydale High School’s Zoology Learning Centre and provide new admin facilities
- $8 million for Lilydale Heights College for a new Sustainable Learning Hub, gym and to create a ‘town centre’ where students can meet, learn and discuss issues
- $6.2 million for an Outdoor Environment Centre, other outdoor learning spaces and further upgrades at Upper Yarra Secondary College
- $7 million for Mooroolbark College to deliver a major new upgrade
- $8.5 million for Monbulk College to deliver Stage 3 of the school’s upgrade
- $13.9 million for Upwey High School for the next stage of the school’s upgrade
The record school infrastructure investment across the Yarra Ranges includes a further $11 million to upgrade Montrose Primary School, Don Valley Primary School, Hoddles Creek Primary School, Launching Place Primary School, and deliver a new campus of The Alpine School at Don Valley.
The Labor Government is building the Education State so that every Victorian student gets the opportunity for a great education and every community has access to a great school.
There are now 70 new government schools and hundreds of school upgrades in the construction pipeline following the Labor Government’s record $3.8 billion investment in school infrastructure.
Quotes attributable to Minister for Education James Merlino
“The Education State is about making sure every young person has the opportunity to get a good education and reach their full potential.”
“This Lilydale and Upper Yarra Education Plan has been designed with the local community and it will help local schools work together with a new focus on subjects and issues that will help students get rewarding jobs and, ultimately, live rewarding lives.”
“Together, the investment in new facilities across the Yarra Ranges and the Education Plan are an unprecedented boost to schools in the area.”